The AutoPot Air Dome increases the amount of air around the root zone in plant pots.
If you are lucky enough to have power in your greenhouse or polytunnel this little addition can drastically increase yields! It is very simple to use once assembled, which will take less than 30 seconds. The Air Dome is placed at the bottom of the pot, covered with substrate and then connected to an air pump. Oxygen is then supplied directly to the plants’ root zone, improving crop development and ensuring maximum growth.
AutoPot AirDome Tips:
- When selecting an air pump we recommend utilizing 15 gph/dome
- To maximize the effectiveness of the AirDome use a ‘fluffy’ mix, such as 50% good quality substrate and 50% perlite/clay pebbles
- Avoid peat based compost as this will compress, reducing the AirDomes effectiveness
- Never blow cold air into the root zone, only warm air (64 f – 70 f is perfect)
- If using AirDomes, do not activate them right away, allow 2-3 weeks for the plants to establish before air is blown into the root zone
- Place air pumps away from cold floor surfaces and, if the night temperatures in your grow space drop, use a timer to turn off the pump at night
The AutoPot Air Dome Kit Contains:
- 1x AirDome body
- 1x 1/4″ cross connector
- 1x 1/4″ straight connector
- 4x pieces of blue bubble pipe
- 1x 3.2′ length of airdome tubing
- Full instructions